I have fat deposits on upper arms and buttocks. Is cool sculpting done on these areas?

Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting can be done in the upper arms and around the buttocks. If you are interested, I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedure, and determine if you are a good candidate. Regards, 

CoolSculpting Possible for Arms, Buttocks

This is a good question and one that I hear at my practice fairly often. CoolSculpting is approved by the FDA for the treatment of specific areas, including the abdomen, thighs, and flanks. More recently, the CoolMini applicator was cleared to reduce fat in the neck that causes a double chin. CoolSculpting can be used for the arms and buttocks, although it would be an "off-label" use. As long as the applicator can make good contact with the skin, CoolSculpting can work in nearly any area of fat. The best way to find out if it can be used in your case is to schedule a consultation with a qualified, board-certified plastic surgeon.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Good Results on Arms & Possibly Buttocks

The CoolSculpting device comes equipped with applicators of varying sizes and shapes to treat different parts of the body. While the upper arms are popular treatment areas for CoolSculpting, the manufacturer hasn't yet created an applicator that works perfectly for the buttocks. However, the potential for treatment really depends on the significance of your concern. It's quite possible to successfully treat the buttocks with the applicators currently available. I recommend seeking out a CoolSculpting-certified practice to learn more about what's possible.

Susan M. Stuart, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Arms, Yes; Buttocks, Possibly

The CoolSculpting device uses various treatment heads to attach to the body, each contoured to fit a specific targeted area. While these treatment heads can certainly be used on the arms, they haven't yet been perfected for the buttocks. However, each patient is different, and it's possible that CoolSculpting may still successfully address your specific concerns. The best way to determine your eligibility for this or any procedure is to visit a board-certified plastic surgeon in person. During the consultation, you can learn about other body contouring options as well. Best of luck!

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

i find that hi definition liposculpture does better in these areas.  I suggest you see a body contouring expert for an evaluation to see what is best option for you. Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting Upper Arms And Buttocks

CoolSculpting can be done on the upper arms and around the buttocks, but you would need an in-person consultation and evaluation to see exactly which areas you are talking about and whether you would be a suitable candidate for the treatment. 

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpt questions

Upper arms, yes. We would have to see what you mean by buttock. Coolsculpting is excellent for mild localized reduction in fat and has the advantage of being non invasive. Sometimes there are surgical options that make more sense, so it is best to be evaluated by a practice that can offer you the full range of services.
Sincerely,

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Is CoolSculpting done on upper arms and buttocks?

CoolSculpting could potentially be done on the upper arms and buttocks, but an examination would be needed to determine if someone might be a good candidate for the procedure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon