Facelift uneven bruising. Does this look normal to you? (Photo)

Facelift 3 days post op. One side under the ear has more pronounced swelling and bruising. Does this look normal to you? My surgeon and nurses will be in tomorrow morning was hoping to get some feedback tonight.

Better than normal for day three

You look great for only 3 days out from a face lift. I suspect your bruising has yet to come out so might get worse before it is better. Speak to your own surgeon if you have any concerns.

London Facial Plastic Surgeon

You Appear to Be Healing Nicely

From the vantage points you're offering in the photos, the swelling and bruising you're exhibiting after 3 days appears perfectly normal for facelift recovery. It is not uncommon for bruising or swelling to be more prominent on one side of the face than the other. Having said that, if the area becomes more pronounced or painful, I would bring that to the attention of your surgeon. Good luck through the rest of your recovery!

Uneven bruising!

Yes, this is not uncommon for uneven bruising to occur. This can last up to 2 weeks or even a little longer. Taking 2000mg of Vitamin C & Rutin will help along with Arnica, 15 tablets per day. Be  patient and it will diminish in time.

Post op face lift

What you are seeing now is a part of the normal healing process and at only 5 days, definitely not your final result. The lumpiness, swelling, numbness, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 6-8 weeks after the surgery then slowly begin to go away. Give your body time to heal and be patient with your recovery. Best wishes.

Dean Vistnes, MD.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #facelift

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Post op swelling

From the photos you may have developed a small area of blook accumulation that can be easily treated with local aspiration if there. Bring to the attention of your surgeon who can evaluate you in person

Dr. J

Facelift uneven bruising. Does this look normal to you?

At 3 days post-op- it's very early- and bruising and swelling is expected. You might have a small accumulation of blood/fluid under one of your ears. Keep following your Surgeon's instructions. Continue your antibiotics, wear facial compression garment,etc

Facelift bruising

Thanks for the question and photos.  It is not uncommon to have uneven bruising after a facelift.  If one side seems to be more swollen than the other you will want your surgeon to evaluate your face for a possible collection of blood beneath the skin flaps.  Overall your bruising looks to actually be quite mild.  Best of luck in your recovery process!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

Face lift at day 3 - is the bruising normal

Thank you for asking about your face lift.

• Your face lift result looks very good.
  • Please point out the swelling to your surgeon -
  • Her/his exam will tell you more than photos can.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Asymmetrical bruising after facelift

Thank you for the question and the photographs. The discrepancy in swelling and bruising can certainly be seen in the pictures provided. The asymmetric swelling might be indicative of a small hematoma or just simply normal post operative swelling, however that diagnosis cannot be made without an in-person examination.  I hope this helps. Best wishes.

Postop facial bruising.

I think you look really good for being 3 days post op.  

Based on the pics it is hard to tell.  You may have a very small fluid collection on the left side.  Worst case scenario, this fluid collection may have to be aspirated.  However, I do not feel that this is going to adversely affect your outcome.  It looks good.

Raghu Athre, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon