Will Botox help me with my under eye lines? (photo)

Botox Works Well For Under Eye Crinkles And Horizontal Fine Lines

When overactivity of the tiny muscles under the eye are believed to be contributing to the fine horizontal crinkles and wrinkles, a microdroplet or two of Botox or other neuromodulators, such as Dysport or Xeomin, might be helpful to reduce them. In a young person, which is the case here, this would be a reasonable approach.

If found necessary, a small amount of a Belotero Balance, a hyaluronic acid filler with little tendency to cause the unwanted bluish discoloration known as the Tyndall Effect (seen occasionally when other hyaluronic acid fillers are injected too superficially or into very thin skin areas, such as under the eyes). A tiny amount of the latter might be enough to provide sufficient volume to lift and smooth the area. Only an experienced, board certified core aesthetic physician with extensive experience in treating this region in this fashion should be trusted with the job. 

Botox for the lower lids

A small amount of Botox in the lower lids can effectively decrease muscle activity causing expression lines in the lower lids.  Be conservative about it, though.

Trust your face to a board-certified facial plastic surgeon or a board-certified dermatologist or general plastic surgeon.

William Numa, MD, FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Under eye lines and wrinkle treatment

A small amount of Botox or similar treatment may help soften wrinkles under the eyes. An alternative option for appropriate patients is Restylane or Belotero, which add volume to depressed or hollow areas to help reduce "bags". Lastly, you are young and have good skin so be conservative.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Maybe a little

HH: the lower eyelid lines you see are there at rest (no smile or facial expression) which means they are unlikely to significantly improve with botox.  Botox is best at reducing lines that form during muscle contraction, like smile or squinting.  You may get minimal improvement.

Lines that close to the eyelid edge can be difficult to treat. Likely a combination of a small amount of filler and some type of laser resurfacing (like fractional CO2) would make a nice improvement.  You look young enough that your lower eyelid would have good tone which should prevent the lid from pulling down after laser.  Best of luck. 

Garrett Griffin, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for lines under eyes

Hi
The lines you are referring to are right under the eyelashes and they are present at rest.  These are "static" lines.  Botox works best in reducing "dynamic" lines meaning lines with expression or squinting.  However, sometimes there is a "resting tone" to the muscle creating some of these lines.  A small drop of #botox may help reduce these lines.  It will also make the white sclera under your eye's colored iris show up more which is not a great thing so the pros and cons have to be discussed before proceeding.  I do thousands of these injections and I can tell you that you should find someone very experienced.  This is an advanced technique.  

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox can be helpful to relax the Banana Roll immediately beneath your lower eyelashes.

A small amount of Botox can be injected in the Banana Roll immediately below you lower eyelid eyelashes.  This will relax the narrow roll of muscles that wrinkle this part of the eyelid when you squint.  It does not appear that you have many wrinkles in the rest of your lower lids, so you do not need much Botox at your young age.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Fortunately doesn't appear that you have much of a problem...

botox certainly may be somewhat helpful in this area...but since there's not much of a problem, the treatment will only provide subtle improvement...

Ken Landow, MD

Lower lid lines and botox

Botox can be used in the lower lid for lines of animation , but can effect the lower eyelid position as well. It is not the best solution for lines.  If there is a lot of loose skin, excision cane helpful. Sometimes lasers can help, but even with lasers, one can not erase all lines.

Botox and under eye lines

A small amount (tiny) of Botox should correct these under eye lines.  I have also found the eMatrix invaluable at helping to reduce these small lines under the eyes.  Please consult with a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic result.

Botox possibly for lower lid lines

You can try very small doses of Botox for the lower lid lines and this may help a tiny bit.    The best plan is to see your Botox doctor and try to see what a very conservative plan will accomplish.   You will know fairly quickly.  My Best,  Dr C