Can Botox help my chin? (photos)

I have a weak chin that wrinkles when I close my mouth. It is terrible when I smile (with my mouth closed). I think a chin implant would be ideal, and definitely make my face more proportional, but I'm not able to do that right now. For now, I would really like my chin to not wrinkle up like this (especially when I smile). Is this something Botox could help? If not, is there anything else that could (besides chin implant)? Thank you in advance!

Botox for chin

Great results can be achieved to soften chin dimpling with small amounts of Botox (typically 5-10 units).  The duration of effect will average 3-4 months depending on the strength of the muscle and the dosage used. 

Botox Treatment to Chin

Botox can be used to treat the muscles in your chin. These muscles create the look of dimpling when they contract, or during expressions like smiling. An in office consultation with an experienced licensed provider can be beneficial to develop a treatment plan addressing your concern. Thank you for your question

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Weak wrinkled chin

Botox or dysport injection, in a small amount (2-4 units) will relax the mentalis muscle and the wrinkled, so called peau d'orange (orange skin) appearance will smooth out. Care must be given to the exact location of the injection otherwise undesired malfunction of the lip muscles will result.  The addition of a small amount of a filler such as Restylane will enhance the chin and make it appear "stronger".

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Can Botox help my chin? (photos

Hello, Botox can definitely help with the contraction of your chin, so it does not wrinkle as much. However, you need filler more than you need Botox. I would fill your chin with Voluma and feel strongly that this would be an excellent option for you. I have Voluma in my own chin and it has  minimal side effects which include temporarily bruising and swelling.        
 Good luck Dr. Downie.

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Chin and Dimpling

A combination of Botox into the chin and fillers with Juvederm should help improve this area significantly.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox for Dimpled Chin

Treatment for chin dimpling or "pebble chin" is Botox injected into the mentalis muscle. This will give great improvement to the appearance of your chin. I suggest consulting with a board certified dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Botox for Chin dimpling

Botox is great to use for chin dimpling.  It's fast, easy and lasts 3-4 months.  You can also add a bit of filler like Juvederm to the area to make it less dimpled.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox for the Chin

Botox is a great option for treating dimpling or wrinkles of the chin or what is often referred to as "golf ball" or "orange peel" chin .  Overactive muscles in the chin and jaw can cause the skin to pull tightly creating contour irregularities.  Treating the area with 10 to 20 units of botox is very effective in relaxing the muscles involved and giving the chin a smoother more full appearance.  The treatment typically lasts 3 to 4 months.  You can enhance and smooth the chin with dermal filler or a combination of the two products.  Dermal filler is more expensive but will last up to one year and corrects the problem by adding volume to the area.

Nathan Taylor, MD
Marquette Plastic Surgeon

Can Botox help my chin?

Hello Amm167,
Botox can help with the dimpling in the chin.  In your case, you really need to be careful since you mentioned your dimpling occurs when you close your mouth.  If you get too much of a dose then your lower lip isn't going to be able to close and you may drool.  Clearly that is not the result people want.  Botox is more effective for a dimpling chin that develops with activity because that represents the muscle being overactive at certain times.  When there is dimpling at rest that means the muscle is working to keep your mouth closed.  
I would highly recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist who performs the injections to be evaluated and determine what you can expect after treatment.
I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for the chin

Yes, Botox can definitely help your chin. The dimpling is due to excessive mentalis muscle motion and Botox will prevent that. You could also temporarily improve your chin profile with filler. It's an easy non-surgical way to augment the chin.
Andrew Campbell, M.D.Facial Plastic SpecialistQuintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon