Botox and Restylane - Looking to treat deep horizontal forehead line. (photo)

Hello, I am in the New York area and looking for Botox and Restylane to treat deep horizontal forehead lines, but do not even know where to begin to find a doctor with solid reviews. I prefer a doctor in the Central New York area but will travel to NYC for the right results. Is there a place that catalogues all doctors that provide a service in an area or can anyone please recommend who I should see?
You can find board certified doctors in the NYC area for Restylane and Botox by clicking the links.

Doctor Answers 4

Forehead wrinkles

Botox is effective at treating forehead wrinkles, but it will not address the scar on your forehead. Restylane is a filler and is best used on the lower 2/3 of the face. I would go to the American Society of Plastic Surgery website. You will be able to look up a surgeon in your area. Dr. Jeremiah Redstone or Dr. Ross Cooperman are both board certified plastic surgeons in New York City area. They are colleagues of mine that I know from my plastic surgery residency.  Hope that helps.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 15 reviews

Find expert New York Botox Dr. on Realself

Thank you for your question.  Please search for plastic surgeons in New York on Realself.

Be aware that using Botox to reduce transverse forehead lines can result in ptosis or sagging of the eyebrows which you must be aware of and except prior to your injection.

In addition it appears you have a scar on your forehead which may need surgical revision to improve.

Botox and Restylane - Looking to treat deep horizontal forehead line.

RealSelf is a great place to find reputable plastic surgeons in New York. With that said, I will usually start treatment of forehead lines with Botox. After 6-9 months if the imprinted lines still persist, filler can be used to plump them up. However, this is not frequently necessary.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 129 reviews

Botox and Restylane Doctors

Realself is a good place to start looking for a doctor.  The best advice is to look for a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon in your area for injections.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.