Botox after blepharoplasty? (Photo)

Had treanconjunctival blepharoplasty (and laser) 3 months ago. Much better, but when smiling I still have several bags/lines under my eyes. My doctor do not recommend a 'pinch', but botox to relax the muscles under my eyes. Here at realself some doctors do recommend botox under eyes, and some say botox may make bags worse. Some absolutely do not recommend botox in this aerea at all,- confusing. I will anyway wait another 3 months before doing anything, but need to plan what to do. Thank you:)

Botox after blepharoplasty?

Botox is not the solution to your problem. You have excess skin in your lower eyelids, which needs to be removed via an open blepharoplasty. This would not have been corrected with a transconjunctival blepharoplasty as the transconjunctival approach does not remove skin. The laser would have tightened and smoothened the skin a little, but not enough.

London Plastic Surgeon

Botox after bleparoplasty

It sounds like you have had a lot of surgery including lasers under your eyes.  I would definitely hold off on Botox right now.  I do not feel that Botox under the eyes will be very helpful.  The photo is very hard to visualize the under eye area.  Wait at least another three months before having another procedure to assess the area.

Michele S. Green, MD

Botox after blepharoplasty

It would be helpful to see pictures of your eyes when you are not smiling in order to give you the best advice.  In regards to Botox, I would say that most likely it would not help with your issue under your eyelids.  It is possible that there may be other treatments that could help but you would need to be examined to determine if you might be a candidate for treatment.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox after blepharoplasty?

It sounds like you have done very good research regarding lower eyelid Botox treatments. I am among the group that is somewhat leery of treatment of the lower eyelid. Crow's feet treatment is perfectly safe, but it is possible that lower eyelid treatment can overly-relax the lower eyelid muscle and create a temporary droop in the eyelid. I will perform this treatment in patients who have good lower eyelid tone as they are at lower risk for eyelid droop. This would require a consultation to determine whether you are a good candidate. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon