Lump in the breast could be related to breast implants?

If a patient's been diagnosed with a lump in my breast.The lump is tender with a burning sensation. 1. What does this burning indicate?2. Could this lump be caused by breast implants?

Breast Augmentation - Breast Lump

Thank you for your inquiry.  I highly recommend you get further testing done. A breast ultrasound, mammogram and biopsy will give you the answers you're seeking.  The lump you're experiencing could be from several things, only further testing will give you a definitive answer.

Lump

It is possible related to the implant, however very unlikely.  You should get a fine needle aspiration or biopsy of this mass.  Speak with your primary care physician or GYN to work up this mass.  Do NOT downplay this or convince yourself that it is related to your implants.  

BREAST LUMP

Whenever one develops a lump in the breast this needs to be evaluated.  Make an appointment with your medical doctor or OB-GYN or plastic surgeon.  There are endless possibilities to the etiology of this lump from cyst to implant related to cancer.  I would not ignore it but recommend having it evaluated immediately.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Lump in breast

A new lump in the breast need to be investigated and often with a biopsy. Best to review with your breast surgeon. Good luck.