What should I do with my eyelid retraction? (Photo)

I'm 24.Recently I have been at OC and I received a diagnosis that I have eyelid lower retraction.I had a lot of research that focused on this problem(TSH,lid laxity are ok but I have psoriasis) OC said that can be helpful a cheek lift with canthoplasty but I have doubts.I ask about fat augmentation but for my Oc it is bad idea(it caused that my lids will drop even more) When I sleep my eyes aren't closed because my lower lids drop too much.Is there aless drastic procedure for ex acid hialuronic?

Multiple options to treat lower eyelid retraction.

Hello!  Your images certainly demonstrate lower eyelid retraction. Do you have a history of previous surgery?

Certainly hyaluronic acid gel filler would be an excellent initial step in treating your anatomic problem.  It's a low risk nonsurgical procedure that would place volume into the layers of your eyelid and elevate the tissues from within.  Surgical treatment as was suggested would be reasonable as well, but my suggestion would be to try the filler first, because your response would guide the specific suggestion for future permanent surgical management.   Good luck!

Austin Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower Eyelid Retraction

Such notable retraction in your age is unusual - was TSH the only lab value checked? I would suggest a full thyroid panel with TSI, but it also partly depends on how long you have noticed this issue (in other words, if the appearance of your eyes has never changed, then it is likely just your anatomy). Filler could potentially help, but typically the treatment would be surgical with possible placement of an eyelid spacer. I would suggest seeing an oculoplastic surgeon for a full evaluation. As one of the other doctors mentioned, if you are not bothered by the appearance and are not having symptoms, and if your eye examination is normal without evidence of damage to the surface of the eye, you may not need to have a procedure done.

Mahsa Sohrab, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower Eyelid Retraction

Please see following link for more detailed information. You do have lower eyelid retraction. The treatment may be as what you have described. I don't think filler or fat would be the solution, at least not by themselves.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Unless you are having dry eye symptoms, you do not necessarily need to do anything about these.

If it aesthetically bothers you, that is a different matter.  Rule number one: do no harm.  Lateral canthoplasty is a irreversible surgery that can actually worsen the position of the lower eyelid.  The tighten eyelid often slides under the curvature of the globe.  Some advocate Hyaluronic acid fillers but that may or may not work for you.  A personal consultation would be needed to address that issue.  Depending on the severity of your symptoms, a cosmetic orbital decompression might also be an option.