Do I have tuberous breasts? (photos)

I am 5'7 and currently 205lbs, down from 300lbs, and have been at this weight for a few years. I would like to get down to 180 but I have ALWAYS hated my breasts. I wear a 38B or a 36C but I have no cleavage or upper pole fullness. 1. Do I have tuberous breasts? If not would a round moderate plus profile implant help fill in the upper and missing middle a bit? 2. Do I need a lift or are my nipples up enough where a big implant would fill in the rest? Benelli lift or would I need a lollipop?

Yes, you certainly have TBD.  You will need a breast implant, circumareolar lift with radial scoring. I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Best wishes!
Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breasts augmentation with a lift

Dear Jenn,
 Thanks for submitting your picture.
 From observing your pictures, you have most of the presentation of tuberous breasts, except for herniating areolas. You appear to be small A cup size with level 3 ptosis, very large areolas that are also positioned too medially.
 It seems from the pictures, that you might be able to get a very nice result with breasts augmentation and mini lit(donut, Benelli), that will ,also,  re position  the nipples laterally , in more attractive location(golden triangle).
 As far as size selection, a full C cup or D cup will look very natural and attractive on you. To get to size 36 D , you will need implants with volume of 525 cc. 
 You have to realize that not all result are the same, especially with your, relatively, difficult presentation, because experience, skills and natural eye are critical or goo outcome.
 So, do your due diligence carefully and choose wisely.
 Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of breasts augmentation with mini lift in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.
                                          Dr Widder

Tuberous Breast Concern

Tuberous Breasts or #tuberous breast deformity are breasts with an unusual shape. They may be very narrow at the base on the chest, or the whole breast can be very narrow in shape. There are different variations of #TuberousBreasts but is a growth and development problem which may create a great deal of angst for a young woman.

Those with #TuberousBreasts are ideal candidates for #BreastLifts. Also, women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) also may be candidates for a breast lift or a modification of a lift. #Asymmetric breast can be adjusted by adding or removing volume. One side can be tightened more or less than another. In addition #BreastImplants commonly complement a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) . Such is called #AugmentationMastopexy.

Without the Breast Lift, the breasts may appear larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. It's also possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result. The implant with lift can also re-position the nipples which may have been affected by ptosis or drooping. One of the primary intentions of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis). Both procedures are commonly done together, in the same surgery to correct the effects sagging and turberous breasts.

Do I have tuberous breasts?

Based on your photos alone I would recommend a lift with an implant. I would not recommend an implant alone. Please consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Do I have tuberous breasts

You do not have a tuberous breast. I think a moderate plus implant will help achieve a rounder appearance but you will require  breast lift to get  a good cosmetic result. I think a lollipop incision will likely be enough, but that depends on the size implant placed.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast issue

You have some narrowing of the base. You definitely would benefit from a lift and with an implants, Best of luck.

Tuberous breasts

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, it appears that you have tuberous shaped breasts.  A breast lift with implants is typically a good option for this type of situation.  It would help to re-shape and lift the breasts, reduce the areola, provide upper pole fullness and improve symmetry.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Constricted Breasts

Your photos demonstrate signs of constricted breasts. Breast augmentation technique in patients with all types of constricted breasts differ, depending on the degree of constricted breasts. Hard to predict final outcome, but significant improvement feasible. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with lots of experience with constricted breasts. Good luck

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Do I have tuberous breasts? (photos)

Without examining you it is difficult to be certain but based On the photos I would say you definitely have tuberous breasts. A smooth round silicone implant would guaranteed give you a waterfall deformity. You would need both a lift and an augmentation with a shaped "gummy bear" implant in order to get a good result. The only way to know for sure is to book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you to see what your options are. Best of luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Do I have tuberous breasts?

Thank you for writing to RealSelf and sending the photographs.
Congratulations on the weight loss. Keep up the progress. When you have reached your desired weight goal that would be the time to seek in an in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine and render the ideal surgical treatment.
From the photographs it does not appear that you have a tuberous deformity. You have sagging of the breasts and malformation with internal rotation of the nipple areola complexes. The breasts have also lost volume and likely to loose some more volume with further weight loss. At the right time, when you are at your desired weight and maintaining this, then you will benefit from a breast lift with augmentation.

Gurmander Singh Kohli, MD, FACS