Can I have a TT, breast lift and thigh lift on the same day?

Can all be done same day? Will recovery be much worse than if done separately?

Extreme Makeover

Since the hit TV show "Extreme Makeover", multiple cosmetic procedures performed at the same time became very popular because of the dramatic transformation that took place after surgery. However, various factors must be considered, like your state of health, the types of procedures being considered as well as their length and time to complete. When I participated in the show, I agreed to perform multiple procedures at the same time only if the patients were in good health and I could complete the surgery in 6 hours or less. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon that is comfortable with multiple procedures, but do not hesitate staging the procedures into 2 separate sessions. Good luck!

TT, Breast lift, thigh lift same day?

It is safe to perform these procedures together on the same day, as long as you are in good health, and the procedure is performed as a team ie 2 plastic surgeons working together. You want to keep the surgery under 6 hours. You want to look for a plastic surgeon who is board certified in your area and performs these procedures regularly. I think it is too much for one surgeon to perform alone time wise.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Multiple Procedures

Thank you for your question.  If you are in good health and are a good candidate for these procedures, in our practice we often combine these procedures to produce beautiful overal results in our patients. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so that you may nbe evaluated further, adress your concerns and discuss your goals.  Then together with your suergeon you can create the surgical plan to best help you achieve the lok you desire.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Multiple procedures

I regularly perform  combined procedures  like you have described. If you are having all three done, I would strongly consider having your surgeon  admit you overnight  at the hospital or ambulatory surgery  center  recovery suite. Also make sure you have plenty of help getting around at home. You need to move around  to prevent blood clots in the legs which are dangerous.  If you are healthy and are being taken care of by a board certified plastic surgeon you are off to a good start.

Best regards,  Prashant Soni M.D.

Prashant Soni, MD
Danbury Plastic Surgeon

Multiple Procedures

Thank you for your question. This is best to be answered by your board certified plastic surgeon during a consultation who is comfortable and experienced performing that many procedures at once.

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck combined with other surgeries

You need to have a consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon.  I try to limit the duration of anesthesia for elective cases to under 5-6 hours.  If the surgeon you choose, with his or her team, can accomplish the type of TT you need, the type of breast lift  you need and the type of thigh lift you need in a safe amount of time then go for it.  Otherwise, just break up your wish list into 2 surgeries; I always think that is safer.  Best Wishes!!

Probably shouldn't

The risks of surgery are know to increase with the length of time spent in the operating room.  The surgery that you describe should take a minimum of 6 hours.

In my office, I limit the amount of time spent in the OR to 4 hours.  This is adequate to perform 2 of the procedure you discussed.

Even if you are young and health with no risk factors, I personally would recommend against.