Is there such thing as tightening? The Ultherapy pics are awful. They look dead. Skin, eyes, glow, character, gone

That is not my idea of a good time. Does Thermage do this too? Are there any options or is this all scandal fake marketing. Acupuncture, microcurrent? Need options

Thermage

Thermage is one of my favorite skin treatments as it is effective and if done properly works on everyone.  Thermage provides skin tightening of the face, jowls, and other areas of the body through radiofrequency heat and penetrates deep into the skin and produce new collagen over several months.  Thermage is a highly effective treatment and you should consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise with Thermage for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Thermage

The issue with Thermage, and really many of the cosmetic treatments out there, is that they need to be performed under IDEAL SETTINGS.  What this means is that the device (Thermage) is designed to be used in a specific manner, and any deviation from the recommended practices, can cause suboptimal results.  As an example, the Thermage procedure is basically a series of stamps across the skin which deliver RF energy (heat) and stimulate new collagen over time.  The number of stamps is pre-determined by the body area.  Therefore, there are many types of Thermage tips, which we choose based on how many stamps we need to perform.  What may happen, unfortunately, is that the practitioner does not use the machine in the correct way and delivers only half of the recommended stamps.  Thus, the full treatment is not given.  Second, not everyone is a good candidate for noninvasive tightening; surgery is the best option for some people.  Thus a really thorough, in depth consultation, with a dermatologist is recommended before undertaking Thermage.  Just because a treatment exists, and Thermage is an excellent one, does not mean that it is right for you.  Finally, in my opinion, Thermage should be performed in a doctor's office only.  Be well. 

Estee Williams, MD