Submental Fat Removal? (photos)

My entire life I've had this patch of fat underneath my chin. I would love to have it removed, but am unsure which procedure will produce the best results. I've had consultations for Kybella, and CoolSculpting, however, I'm told the results aren't guarenteed. I'd like some other professional opinions on how I can remove the fat and acheive a more defined jaw line.

Kybella

For a case like yours I believe Kybella would be an excellent option.  This is a straightforward office procedure with little to no downtime.  

Kybella

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Kybella vs CoolMini Coolsculpting

Both are nice options to treat the submental fat/double chin. See a office that does both and they will help you choose the best option for you.

Kybella vs CoolMini Coolsculpting

Kybella

Both treatments work.  Based on your photos Kybella seems to be an option straight away.  An in person exam would be required of course.

Kybella

Kybella

Thank you for your question TheMisfit. I understand your concern. Kybella is the first and thus-far only FDA-approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. There are never guarantees as some people have inappropriate expectations. People have different bone structures and it is not always possible to look like another person. That being said if I had a patient who looked like the person in these photographs I would say she is a good candidate for Kybella. A series of 2-4 treatments is required, sometimes up to 6 treatments. I space treatments every 3 months. Results are seen slowly over time. Patience is important.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Kybella

Kybella

Without assessing you in person, it is impossible to say with certainty, but based on your photos, I think you'd be an ideal candidate for Kybella. Make sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist with a lot of injectables experience.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kybella

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Options for submental fat removal

Kybella is a great medication for reducing submental fat without surgery. The amount of fat reduction is subjective. It will have an improvement in almost everyone, but the degree is difficult to measure. 

Options for submental fat removal

Kybella Dissolves Double Chins

Thank you for your question. The other physicians you spoke with are correct; no procedure is guaranteed as results can vary considerably by individual. However, offering both treatments I can tell you that Kybella allows you to customize the treatment under the chin better than the coolmini., I have had very good success in using Kybella to dissolve double chins likes yours. Please be sure you consult with a board-certified dermatologist about using Kybella to eliminate your submental fat.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella Dissolves Double Chins

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella more appropriate for you

This question comes up frequently in my practice. I typically break it down as follows:Kybella is great to dissolve the fat and improve the contour in the submental region. It takes 2-3 treatments for maximal results so it is more of a marathon mindset, not a sprint. Liposuction is better for someone with fat that needs to be removed throughout the neck and is not willing to wait the 3 months to get the result they want. From your photos, depending on what your expectations are, you might be a better candidate for Kybella because most of the fat seems to isolated to the submental region. Hope this helps

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella more appropriate for you

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella/Coolmini

Thank you for your question. We perform both Kybella and Coolmini for submental fat reduction and we have found that both are efficacious treatment methods. There are several factors we look for when determining candidacy such as fat, laxity, goals, expectations, preferred downtime, and overall health. I would recommend an in person exam where all of these treatments are offered.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Kybella/Coolmini

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Kybella candidate

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photos. Based on the photographs, you would be an excellent candidate for Kybella.   The important thing is to find a qualified injector who has the experience and the availability of other alternatives for you to have your full treatment options explain to you.

Kybella candidate