Smart Lipo done 3 days ago. Can already see dramatic changes. Can I expect to see continued results?

Smart lipo

It's great that you are looking better after only 3 days post Smartlipo.  We tell our patients that can expect residual swelling to last up to 3 months and that final skin retraction can take up to six months.  Most patients show significant improvement six weeks post-op with continued improvement through six months.

Newton Physician

Improvement after smart lipo

Usually it takes a few months for swelling to completely leave the treatment sites after lipo. As it resolves, you should continue to see improvements in contours and definition.

Improvements Should Continue

Improvements normally continue for around 6 months after the procedure is completed. However, remember that you absolutely need to stick to your diet and workout schedule so you can avoid any potential backslides – though the fat cells in the treated areas may be destroyed permanently, you can still gain weight on other parts of your body, nullifying the effects that you’re already seeing.

Eric Seiger, DO
Fenton Dermatologist

You should continue to improve for 6 months

Often it can take up to 2 months before you can see a change. However, some patients will see this much earlier, as you have. Assuming you don't put on weight, you can expect to keep improving for 6 months. Of course, if you lose a few pounds, it should enhance your results.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Can I expect to see continued results?

At only 3 days post op, you certainly have swelling that will mask your results. The lumpiness, numbness and hardness after smartlipo or other types of liposuction typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. It can take 4-6 months to see your final result so yes, you can expect to see continued results.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #smartlipo

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo results

Thank you for your question. I am happy to hear you are seeing great results only 3 days after the SmartLipo procedure. You can expect to see continued results up to 6 months after, but they may not be as dramatic as it varies according to everyone’s body. The results can continue to be a steady progress.
The results of your SmartLipo procedure will be dependent on factors such as the area treated, your natural ability to heal, and various anatomical considerations. However, one of the most exciting things about SmartLipo is its ability to produce stunning results, making it one of the best solutions for many of my patients.

The laser used in SmartLipo gives it several benefits that can impact results. These include:
  • Liquefying fat allows for more consistent removal
  • Targeting specific deposits of fat provides extreme precision
  • Focusing only on fat cells eliminates damage to surrounding tissue
  • Laser energy stimulates the production of collagen and elastin
With SmartLipo, our cosmetic surgeons can not only remove fat from specifically targeted areas of your body, they can help encourage the production of the proteins responsible for skin elasticity, better enabling them to provide a more contoured appearance to all treated areas. Hope this helps, have a great day.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Smart Lipo - Yes !

Dear Amie,

Very happy for you that you are seeing results as expected on Day 3 after SmartLipo.  Indeed your treated areas will shrink a little more over the next few days as your body continues to eliminate  the tumescent solution that was used as numbing medicine. Furthermore, your skin will continue to tighten up to six months and in some cases up to a year after your procedure. 
Our patients love the results, just as you say,  also due to  SmartLipo's technical specifications, namely, the SmartLipo Triplex has three laser wavelengths, one to melt the fat and make it very easy to suction out, one to coagulate blood vessels and minimize or eliminate bruising, and one to tighten the skin. 

Best Wishes for continuing to enjoy your results  ! 
Dr. Anna petropoulos
Boston's North Shore

Anna Petropoulos, MD, FRCS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon