What shape implant is best for over the muscle, anatomical or round? (Photo)

I am 27, 5'7", and weigh 112lbs. I am choosing to have implants over the muscle after having 2 children/breast feeding both. What shape implant will give me the most natural (and lasting) results---anatomical or round? The doctor is recommending anatomical, but I am concerned that anatomical over the muscle may cause rippling or rotate within the breast pocket. But if I choose round, I do not want to look fake. (Picture with full measurements below)

What shape implant is best for over the muscle, anatomical or round?

There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon., from your photos you look to be a great candidate for breastlift plus implants. Asymmetrical  breasts then and you are not happy for this situation; then you can be a good candidate for breast augmentation operation. As it was also mentioned above,  small breast can be something that woman might want change. However choosing the right operation is the most important step in the planning of the operation. Therefore understanding the needs and the expectation of the patient is the most important thing and it needs a successful evaluation.

Over the muscle implants

I am not a big fan of implants over the muscle. I prefer that they go under the muscle in most patients because they will be camouflaged better. Best of luck.

A properly placed round breast implant that is soft and moveable does not look round. When they look round it usually means they have a capsule or hardening.

Textured shaped anatomical implants are firmer and more palpable which an be a problem when not covered by muscle.

Please read the article below which compares round and anatomic implants:

Round implants

Round implants will not look more fake than anatomical.  In fact, quite the opposite.  The rotation issue with anatomical and your thin breast coverage is definitely something to be concerned about, as is the textured surface.  Consider going under the muscle.  The advantages of  going under are many including the lower risk of capsular contracture, lower risk of infection, less interference with mammograms, less interference with breast feeding, less obvious implant edges, lower risk of rippling, more support and others.

Why Over the Muscle?

Be careful with your decision-making.  I am sure, by now, that you have read (on this website) about the pros/cons associated with breast implants placed in the sub muscular versus sub glandular position. I would also suggest that you review this website and read the posts coming from women complaining of breast implant rippling/palpability.  I am especially aware of the problems associated with breast implants in the sub glandular position given that about 50% of my breast practice involves revisionary breast surgery. Again, be careful… Best wishes.