How many shades of white can veneers restore to discolored teeth?

Today I consulted with a cosmetic dentist because my teeth are moderately discolored from years of drinking beverages such as coffee. To my surprise, the dentist advised that veneers -- because they are thin -- generally restore no more than one shade of white to discolored teeth. Is this true? My discolored teeth supposedly are shade A3. I have already tried laser bleaching, but the effects wore off in six weeks. Hence my interest in veneers.

#Veneers are a great option for restoring discolored teeth #DrSoftTouch

Hello George,
Discolored teeth can be made to look perfectly white using porcelain veneers.  I would recommend getting a second opinion with an experienced cosmetic dentist.   The best indicator to determine if the dentist is going to give you the results that he/she claims, is by viewing before and after photos of his/her patients that have undergone similar or the same procedures. I'll attach a link of a before/after photo of a patient of mine who's stained teeth were completely transformed in only two appointments with porcelain veneers. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Shade color guides for porcelain Veneers

It is not true. Porcelain Veneers can be made in a very wide range of white tones. You can check on google "dental shade color guide" or "vita 3d master" or "empress shade guide". You will notice that you can choose any color for your porcelain veneers from the classic natural colors to bleach ones.

Jose Alonso, MD, DDS
Dominican Republic Dentist