Would you consider me to have somewhat sagging skin? Will Ultherapy help? What treatments would you recommend? (Photo)

I have noticed my skin sagging from the under eyes/cheekbones causing a darkened hollowness area below my eyes. I've been told that I have underdeveloped cheek bones. When I smile the problem is worse. Hoping I can find a solution to help the problem.

Ultherapy vs fillers

Coincidence as I have noticed the same with my eyes, so, as outlined in the video below, fillers are the way to go to replace loss volume below your eyes. Your eyelids are excellent, so nothing needs doing there. Ultherapy can help lift, however with your hollowness, fillers such as Juvederm Volbella, Restylane or Belotero can make a difference.All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Filler to treat hollowness under the eyes

Hi and thank you for your question!

From the photo it does look like you have hollowness (volume loss) under your eyes. When this happens, it makes the "dark circles" appear worse and we feel like we look tired all the time. Adding some filler to this area should improve these concerns significantly. We prefer Retylane when treating this area, usually 1-2 syringes to start. I don't see any concerns with sagging skin, at least from this picture.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Under Eye Circles, Under Eye Hollows - Tear Trough and Cheek Filler

Hello, from your photo, it seems the first step would be to revolumize and lift under eye area (tear trough) and cheek bone with dermal fillers such as Voluma and Restylane. I would also get on a medical skin care regimen. Please schedule an appointment with a cosmetic dermatologist to get a consultation so you can move forward in your rejuvenating treatment.

Anita Saluja, MD
Melbourne Dermatologist

Fillers and Ultherapy Combo

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to give exact recommendations without an in-person consultation. However, you seem to be a good candidate for under eye fillers. This will help add some volume to your "dark circles". Ultherapy or ThermiSmooth around the brow and eyes could also help tighten the skin and reduce this concern. You will need to have an consultation with a board certied plastic surgeon and expert injector for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Under Eye Darkness, Cheeks

Thanks for your question. At least from the picture (not as good as face to face evaluation of course), I don't think you would be best served with Ultherapy. It would appear that you are looking for more volume. A combination of dermal fillers, to soften the deep tear troughs and lift and volumize the cheeks, would be more likely to get you the aesthetic appearance you are looking for. If you "just" fill the cheeks, your tear troughs might look even deeper. It is important to go to a very experienced provider. Your goals require "advanced technique" dermal filler by an expert, not to be done by someone who injects infrequently or is inexperienced. I would say a minimum of 5 years of experience assuming they inject multiple days of the week. 

Expect to require at least 2 syringes, possibly three. Down the road, if you love the cheek volume, you could then "graduate" to Bellafill if you wish, the 5 year filler, in order to maintain your results. It should not be used in the tear trough, but in the cheeks it is a great option. 

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

Skin Sagging/Under Eyes/Cheekbones/Dark Hollows--Fillers, Lasers, Microneedling/PRP, Sculptra, Implants

A combination approach would be best. For under-eyes: Fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP. For cheek augmentation: Fat, fillers, such as Radiesse, Voluma, implants and Sculptra can all be used.  Please see a professional for an evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer