Are there any renowned vaginoplasty surgeons in the state of Massachusetts or surrounding states?

I'm looking for an amazing surgeon with proven reviews/ testimonies to perform this surgery but I don't want to travel far because of work and small children. Does anyone know of any good surgeons that perform vaginoplastys (not the laser kind the real sculpting/ incision kind) in or around the Boston area?
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Doctor Answers 4

Qualified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon specializing in surgical vaginal rejuvenation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Women develop changes in their pelvic anatomy after childbirth. Frequently they feel loose and floppy during intercourse, experience embarrassing queffs ( vaginal gas), and feel that the vagina looks more open towards the back than it was before kids.  I am a board certified plastic surgeon trained in perineoplasty (reconstruction of the vaginal opening) and vaginoplasty (repair of the separated vaginal muscles). Surgical repair of the vaginal muscles restores the proper anatomical position of the muscles prior to childbirth. Non invasive devices do exist for tightening as well such as Vivive (radiofrequency vaginal treatment) but may not be able to restore muscle alignment if the muscles are widely separated. 

Boston Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 16 reviews

Vaginoplasty/Vaginal Rejuvenation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I appreciate your question.

 I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can look at before/after pictures on their websites and Real Self pages prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Best of luck!

Dr. Schwartz

Board Certified Plastic Surgeon



Good surgeon in Massachussettes area

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would recommend Marco Pelosi in Bayonne, New Jersey.  It may be a few hours away by car but you will be cared for by the best.    

How to find a "renowned" vaginoplasty surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Try Dr. Ed Jacobson in Greenwich, Connecticut. Maybe Dr. Uma Penmetsa in ?Rochester, N.Y. ? Dr. Robert Jason on Long Island/NYC; Dr. Marco Pelosi III in Bayonne, NJ definitely.  Google "vaginoplasty" and carefully peruse websites. Don't be afraid to travel. Nothing beats an "artist" with lots of experience who treats you as an individual ans constructs his/her surgery specifically for your anatomy & your wishes... Please feel free to check the weblink below & carefully peruse the website-- lots of educational material!


Michael P Goodman, MD
Davis, CA, USA


These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.