Can lipo be performed if my insurance approved mammoplasty reduction - size 38i. (photo)

just curious second breast reductio 

Breast Reduction through Liposuction

Great question. In some cases liposuction can be used to remove breast tissue and provide a breast reduction. Unfortunately, I do not think that this would be a good option for you, as you have large breasts and need more tissue to be removed and the result from liposuction would not be aesthetically pleasing. Also, insurance companies do not remove cover liposuction as a form of breast reduction.

Nanuet Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

If you are asking can lipo be performed at the same time?  I would say in most cases, yes. If you are asking can lipo be done to reduce your breast, the answer is maybe, but it may not be covered by insurance.

Liposuction with second breast reduction

Thank you for asking about your breast reduction and liposuction.

• Yes, liposuction can be done at the same time but -
  • Your insurance will not cover this part of the surgery.
  • So let your surgeon know what you have in mind and how much it will cost.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction is not covered by Insurance

When an insurance company approved a Breast reduction there are many requirements you have to meet. One of the things that is submitted is the amount of grams that will be removed from each breast.  Insurance does not consider liposuction of any sort a medically necessary procedure.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Insurance coverage-lipo reduction

In NY, the answer is no. We are required to submit gram weight and surgical pathology which would not be possible with liposuction. Given your breast size, liposuction would not produce an aesthetically pleasing result as the nipples would not be properly situated and there would be hanging skin.