What is realistic to get rid of this loose skin without a high and huge high red scar? (photo)

I have loose skin below my belly button post pregnancy 11 years ago. I am thin and fit at 44 years old. Exercise will not change my loose skin. I saw a local plastic surgeon for a consult and he told me that my small size and anatomical shape make it a difficult procedure and I would be better off if I were heavy.

First off, you look terrific.  I don't really see the loose skin, but if it below your belly button, you can get a mini-tummy tuck that would be perfect for scenarios such as yours.  It's not a high, red scar.  It's a low scar (much like a C-section) and with proper care afterwards, will be un-noticeable.  We have a very fit population in Charlotte and I see patients every day with your same concerns- this surgery does wonders.  I've never told a patient they would do better if they were heavier- that just sounds weird.  Hope this helps.

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and picture.  You actually look great. But if there is some loose lower abdominal skin, then a mini tummy tuck with a low scar would likely give you the results that you are  looking for.  Be sure to see a Board Certified PS for your consultation.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

From this photo it doesn't appear as though you need an #abdominoplasty.  However if you are uncomfortable with any post-pregnancy loose skin, you may be a candidate for a #miniTummyTuck which will leave a short #scar close to the pubic hair line.

Book an in-person consultation with a #boardcertified #plasticsurgeon for more information.

Tummy tuck

You could undergo a tummy tuck, but you need to decide if the benefit of a tighter abdominal wall outweighs the drawback of a horizontal scar.  The scar can be placed low on your torso so it is not visible in clothing.  Best wishes, Dr. T.

Loose skin

If you have loose skin in the lower abdomen only, simply excising the excess with a very low scar will improve that. It will not affect the area at or above the belly-button.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD