Post Rhinoplasty, nose still looks bulbous from the front but side profile looks good. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hi! I'm 8 days post op (alar base reduction and tip refined). From the side, my results look great. There used to be a prominent bump between my nasal bridge and my bulbous tip (could run my finger down the front of the nose and tell where the tip started). That bump is gone.. I can't feel it or see it anymore. However, from the frontal view it still looks very bulbous and big at the tip. Could this be due to swelling or because not enough of the cartilage was removed?

8 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only eight days after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Tip swelling

You are fresh post-op and the tip will stay very swollen for many months.  Best to be patient with your results.

Postoperative recovery after septorhinoplasty / nose surgery

yes- swelling is present most prominently in first 2 months and more gradually over a year's time..  perhaps check with your surgeon regarding other options for swelling- best of luck

Rhinoplasty Recovery

At 8 days, you are extremely early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD