Does piercings have to be removed from the stomach area to perform a bbl?

I'm looking to get a bbl in the near future , however I have 4 dermals , 2 on each side of my hips . Am I going to have to take them out before the procedure ?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... Yes dear, because you will have an incision on your belly button to do part of the abdominal liposuction. Try to remove all of them, you cannot get into the or with any metal..

Safe surgery

Thank you for your question. It is important to remove all piercings prior to surgery as they may become unsafe to you or the surgeons. The piercings could snag or scratch causing harm to you and be in the way of the surgeons working on you. The piercings can be returned typically after you are awake so you are mindful of the piercings yourself after the initial recovery period.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Newall 

German Newall, MD

Although it may be slightly inconvenient, it is very important to remove these pieces of jewelry to prevent yourself from getting burnt if the doctor uses a cauterizing tool to stop bleeding. There is also potential of infection if the jewelry is left in. I would take the advice of your surgeon and do what you can to put yourself at a low risk of complications. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

It is always better to remove body piercings before surgery if possible. Best of luck and review with your surgeon.