Overweight male looking for gynecomastia surgery (breast reduction) (Photo)

Hi, I was looking for some advice on gynecomastia surgery. I have felt my chest and both feel like they have some breast tissue. I was wondering though if I should lose fat first and how much I should lose. I am currently struggling to do so and am considering going for the surgery altogether. Also curious to know how bad my case is and what kind of post surgery effects there will be after? In terms of scars, unnatural look etc.

Find the right surgeon to help you

Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed. You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary.

Reducing Breast Size in Men

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding. For instance, studies have shown that patients with BMI > 30kg/m sq (placing them in the obese category) have a higher complication rate. Therefore, it is important for patients to be as close as possible to their normal body weight prior to surgery.
 Not only will this decrease risks of complications, but will also enhance the aesthetic results. Further, normal body weight is different from one patient to another.

Severe gynecomasatia,be careful to choose the right gynecomastia expert.

Sever gynecomasatia,  be careful to choose the right gynecomastia expert.  it is complicated and there is a need for a very experience gynecomastia surgeon.

Mordcai Blau, MD

It is always best to get down to your goal weight first.  There are many different ways that the procedure can be performed. This is based upon skin sagging, fat/gland component, your surgical goals, to name a few.  You would have to be seen in person.