6 months post op, can I have nipple piercing after breast reduction?

I had breast reduction on 12/31/14. it's been 6 months. I want to know if I'm able to get my nipples pierced. I always wanted it done but I was to self consious about my big ,sagging, heavy breast. Since they are smaller and more Perky I would like to get them pierced as a treat to myself. I'm kind of embarrassed to ask my surgeon lol. Is it too soon? Are there any major complications when dealing with nipple piercings that you have encountered? Thank you in advance!

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure. Hopefully you are very pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed. It should be just fine proceeding with nipple piercing; make sure that whoever is doing this procedure for you is reputable and utilizes sterile technique. Best wishes.

Nipple Piercing after Breast Reduction

I would discuss this with your surgeon as he/she will know whether there are any concerns from your surgery that would prevent you from getting your nipples pierced. In general, after 6 months there should not be any major contraindications to getting your nipple pierced. 

#PlasticSurgery #NipplePiercing #Recovery 

Nipple piercing

In general, unless you have healing issues, I do  not see a problem to get your nipples pierced if you want it.  But, best to check with your doctor always first.