What could be done about my Nasolabial fold? (photo)

I am Asian, 48 years old and I noticed that I have these folds on my cheek. Would I be a good candidate for juverderm? Thanks!!

Doctor Answers 11

Filler for nasolabial fold

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Fillers like Voluma or Volift are the best for simple demininishing of the groove between the lip and the cheek.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasolabial Fold Correction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for posting your photo with your interesting question. It appears that you have a  deep nasolabial fold and most likely have cheek volume loss. Radiesse is a calcium based filler which has a great ability to fill, replace the lost cheek volume and produce natural beautiful results. I recommend that you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced with facial rejuvenation using fillers. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Nasolabial folds

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your picture is somewhat limited, but these nasolabial folds increase as we age.  Fortunately there are many fillers which can temporarily improve the appearance.  From the photo you provided, it appears that you might be a good candidate for a filler treatment but you should see a clinic or practice that performs these type of procedures on a regular basis.   I would recommend a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  The injection of fillers is very artistic in nature and should be performed by an experienced practitioner.  Dr. Adrienne Stewart MD FAA D

Adrienne E. Stewart, MD
Denver Dermatologic Surgeon

You might also like...

What could be done about my Nasolabial fold?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Injectible fillers such as juviderm, restylane and voluma are excellent treatments for the nasolabial fold.  It is important that you discuss your treatment goals and also that you see an expert injector.  Good Luck

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Nasolabial folds

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
A limited view of your fold does not provide enough information. Sometimes filler placement can help and sometimes a facelift can help.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Juvederm For Nasolabial Folds

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Juvederm is a great product used to soften the appearance of the nasolabial folds.  Based on your limited photograph, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Juvederm.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

What could be done about my Nasolabial fold?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Yes, Juvederm can be used to plump and fill the nasolabial fold-however you must add volume to the cheekto "lift" the cheek skin as well. Voluma is a longer lasting filler which you may want to consider. Please read below:

Nasolabial folds

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Juvederm is a great product in the nasolabial folds and should help make the line look less prominent. If the there is a lot of hollowing in the outer portion of the cheeks, filling the cheeks can sometimes help improve the appearance of the nasolabial folds as well.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 182 reviews

Nasolabial Fold

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi ~ Great question. The nasolabial folds are an area of the face that fillers including juvaderm can work well for. Juvaderm is the most commonly used filler for the nasolabial folds in our practice and provides good results for up to 9 months. It is hard to tell without seeing your whole face but many patients are very happy with juvaderm to the nasolabial folds. Good Luck.

Fillers help soften

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Great question! Fillers can make a big difference on the appearance of the nasolabial folds. Don't expect fillers to make them go away completely though! Any hyaluronic acid filler would be a great choice. Make sure to see someone with a lot of experience in filler injections for the best results. Good luck your area!

David A. Sieber, MD
San Francisco General Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 40 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.