I'm of mixed decent; Jamaican and Irish, interested in ethnic rhinoplasty? (photos)

Though I know I badly need rhinoplasty I'm nervous because I've seen African-American women (even celebrities) with extreme, unnatural nose jobs. I would like a defined narrower bridge, smaller nostrils and defined non-round/bulbous tip. Would this be very hard to achieve?

Ethnic rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and photos. In order to guarantee an individualized expert advice, I would recommend scheduling an in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Upon a careful assessment, your doctor will determine how to contour your nasal tip and narrow the bridge without producing unnatural results. An experienced plastic surgeon will ensure that your new nose will be in harmony with the rest of your face.  As always, an in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to fully assess your needs. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi. 

Can be difficult

You will need to set clear and discrete goals with your surgeon and understand all the grafts that are planned.  You should meet with the surgeon multiple times come up with a firm plan.  Attached is an appropriate link.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Goal

The changes you describe can be achieved with rhinoplasty. If you want the best idea of what is possible for your nose, do your due diligence, find an experienced surgeon, and have him/her evaluate you in person and discuss your options. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty

You need to be seen in person if you want to have a rhinoplasty.  Modifications of you features but still maintaining your ethnicity is the goal. Good luck.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing the bridge, refining the nasal tip, and narrowing the nostrils within an alar-plasty. Thick skin especially in the tip of the nose will prevent significant refinement in that area. For more information  and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Interested In Ethnic Rhinoplasty

Narrowing your entire nose, from the bridge to the nasal base, and refining your tip will give you a more feminine nose that is proportional to your surrounding facial features.  A profile view would be helpful. An experienced rhinoplasty specialist will provide a natural result. 

Rhinoplasty

It is great that you have some thoughts of what you might be interested in - in keeping with an overall balance with any rhinoplasty procedure globally; further details will likely be discussed at any rhinoplasty preoperative exam and visit..all the best