Malar mounds

What can be done for malar mounds? I have heard many contradictory answers. Do fillers work? Some doctors on here say yes, others say it will make them worse. How can I know which answer is correct and if fillers will make them worse or improve them?

Clearing Up the Confusion

I have find that Thermitight works very well for this but best when combined with laser resurfacing to the area.  I suggest only going to an expert and posting pictures or seeking a formal consultation so we can determine if you are talking about festoons, bags, hollows/circles etc. as these are all treated differently.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Malar Mounds

Thank you for posting your concerns.  Can you post a photo to show us what bothers you?  It is hard to recommend any treatments without seeing the problem.

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon