How long after SmartLipo can I start a VelaShape treatment?

Thank you for your question.  I own a VelaShape machine and we have been very happy with the results we get from it after I perform liposuction.  Not every patient wants or needs it, but we typically offer it to everyone.  It can really help smooth out the skin and get that added extra bit of skin tightening after liposuction.
That being said, we do not rush into the treatments after liposuction.  It you ask the Syneron Candela official product trainers, the answer is to wait 2-3 months and make sure the patient is pain-free, which is what I will recommend to my patients.  It is crucial that you allow the skin covering the areas that were treated with liposuction to heal.  The VelaShape machine uses suction and heat.  Doing it too soon after liposuction could result in skin death or burns because your skin is often numb after liposuction.  Plus patients cannot tolerate the therapy too soon after surgery as they are healing.  It will hurt way too much deep to the skin in the areas that had liposuction.  
Be sure to choose a board certified Plastic Surgeon for all of your care, from liposuction to noninvasive therapy.  We are specifically trained to take care of you before, during, and after your treatments/surgery.  Best of luck to you!

I usually recommend 1-2 weeks after liposuction to do Velashape treatments. I advise patients to pair it with my liposuction

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician