Liposuction recovery 3 months?

I know it takes a very long time for the final result. Up to a year. However, when will you begin seeing some results. Answers are all over the board here. Is it 3 weeks? I'm sort of hoping that's the beginning. Thanks!!

Results after liposuction

You will see results right away. However, the result changes and the final result is several months way. This has to do with swelling and scar tissue formation, which occurs both on the surface and deep to the surface. Please remember that initially scar tissue gets hard and then it gets softer by itself or with massage. Good luck!

Liposuction Recovery

Thank you for your question. It is important to realize that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals. The first few days after surgery, you should rest quietly. If you can elevate the body part, it is usually suggested that you do so. Remember, you must not take Aspirin or certain anti-inflammatory medications. You most likely will wear a garment. If it is too tight, you should promptly notify your surgeon. During the first 48 hours following surgery, patients experience varying degrees of swelling and bruising. Although the vast majority of patients will have virtually no bruising, some patients will have bruising. Bruising typically disappears within 7 to 10 days. Stitches are usually removed within a week of surgery. Straining, bending over and lifting should be avoided during the early postoperative period. In many instances, you will be able to resume most of your normal activities within 10 days or less. Best of luck!Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman Estates BarringtonOakbrook Chicago

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

At 1 week you should be seeing a little improvement in liposuction results.

At 1 month you should see a big improvement in liposuction results and they only keep getting better up to 6 months.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post - operative recovery period. Swelling will slowly subside over the next three - six months. You may wear a compression garment over the next several months if you feel it helps. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Liposuction recovery

Hi there and thanks for your question.

You are correct in your observation that answers are all over the board. The reason for that is because it is not so straight forward and depends on many factors. For example which part of your body, the amount of liposuction, and the quality of your skin.

Generally you are about on track. By 3 weeks you should start seeing improvement, by 2-3 months it should be significantly better but as you say it can take up to a year for the final result.

The other aspect to recovery of course is when you get back to normal activities and generally with liposuction the first few days can be a bit sore, but from then you should be feeling fine. Of course most surgeons would recommend you wear a garment for at least 6 weeks to help control the swelling.

Hope that helps

By about 6-8 weeks post lipo, you will likely see a large portion of the swelling subside and therefore appreciate some changes.  But it will take another 4-6 months at least to see the final results.

Liposuction result

visible result after liposuction depends on many factor like  amount of fat removed from area,  liposuction method and open drainage or close  wound method ( takes longer   )   following surgery

in large amount vaser  liposuction  and open drainage method see  approx 70% result immediatly . one will develop swelling for 5 to  7 days   following surgery.. and see better  result at the end of one month... improvement goes on for 6 to 9 months

Milan Doshi, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction results - how soon are they visible

Thank you for asking about your liposuction results.
  • A lot depends on how much fat is removed -
  • The more fat removed, the more swelling.
  • On average, I tell patients they will see results in 6 weeks and final results in 6 - 9 months.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Healing after liposuction

I like to evaluate my patients at about six weeks after liposuction. I tell them they are about 80% toward their visual endpoint. True healing probably continues for six months to one year as the tissues recover.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

The rule-of thumb is 70% at 30 days

Even though you are correct that the final few percent can take up to a year, most patients are delighted with their results at the end of one month and resume all normal activities.

Donald W. Kress, MD, FACS
Frederick Plastic Surgeon