Any suggestions on Liposuction? (photos)

Hi I had a breast reduction 16 yrs ago my breast increased in size again,went to see a dr about reduction and he suggested liposuction,,any suggestions would be helpful,

Liposuction for breast enlargement

since you do not seem to have a great degree of drooping after your breast reduction, it is reasonable to consider liposuction as a measure for treating size.  You should however be where that most of the time, only so much of the tissue in the breast is fatty and only fat can be removed with liposuction.  True breast tissue and gland cannot be removed easily with liposuction.  As long as you think he would be happy with results that her mild to moderate, liposuction is reasonable to consider in my opinion for patients like you.

Lipo breasts

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos , I think liposuction alone to the breast would give you a good decrease in cup size. I don't think you need another breast reduction surgery.

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for breast reduction

In general, liposuction can be a good technique to reduce the size of the breasts if the breast tissue is more fatty than glandular and the nipple-areolar complex is in a good position relative to the breast fold.  Liposuction may result in loose skin which could be removed with a skin-only mastopexy or scar revision using you existing scars.  This may be a preferable technique to completely re-doing the reduction, especially if you don't have details from you previous surgery such as what pedicle was used to preserve the blood supply to the nipple.  Good luck!

Brian A. Pinsky, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Breast liposuction 16 years following breast reduction surgery?

If you are at a heavier weight now than you were 16 years ago this may explain some of the recurrence of breast size that you describe.  If your breasts are soft and not glandular then there is probably moderately significant fat available to liposuction to reduce your size.  On the other hand glandular tissue cannot be removed through liposuction so a face-to-face exam would be helpful.  Removal of some breast tissue without skin reduction will leave your skin somewhat loose and perhaps cause more droopiness but this may be an acceptable trade-off for you to avoid redoing the breast reduction surgery.  If on the other hand you want a significant reduction in size and would like your breast to have optimal contour and repeating the breast reduction is probably a good consideration. Best wishes, Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast reduction - liposuction or breast reduction surgery?

Thank you for asking about your re-do breast reduc tion.
  • It truly depends on how much smaller you want your breasts and if you will be happy if the skin is loose.
  • If you want a significant redution, then you probably need surgery combined with liposuction.
  • If you don't mind looseness and just want the contour reduced - and the increase in size is from fat, then lipousction seems reasonable.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast reduction

If the breasts are mainly fatty tissue and you are not worried about loose skin, then lipo may be a good option. Otherwise I would consider redoing the reduction using the same or similar incisions.