Lipo or tummy tuck? (Photo)

Lipo or tummy tuck?

Tummy tuck a better choice in liposuction and postpartum women.

I think you would be disappointed with liposuction only. From the one photograph it looks as though you would get an excellent candidate from a well executed abdominoplasty.

Lipo or tummy tuck

The answer to your question depends on your surgical goals.  While liposuction removes some excess fat, it does not remove skin.  A tummy tuck both tightens the abdominal wall and removes skin.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon can help you explore the options best for you based on your goals and your medical history.  Good luck!

Camille Cash, MD

Lipo or tummy tuck

I truthfully could not give you the best answer without more information and history and a physical exam.  You are certainly in the "gray" zone where it is not obvious on first glance.  Best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for additional conversations!  Best of luck.

Lipo or tummy tuck?

An in-house consultation is needed in order to be properly assessed and to determine which procedure is best suited to address your specific needs and give you the best result. Liposuction is more of a sculpting tool and is ideal if only excess fat needs to be removed where as a tummy tuck addresses excess loose skin and muscle. Maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle will ensure lasting results. Be sure to seek a consultation with a Board Certified Surgeon with elite credentials in both procedures.

Liposuction Allows Skin Retraction

Thank you for your question. I recommend Liposuction performed with local anesthesia because it will safely and effectively remove the fat with subsequent skin tightening. There are multiple benefits of having liposuction, number one being fat reduction along with skin tightening as well as improved health and body sculpting. After, the skin will naturally retract to your figure, creating a toned and great result! A tummy tuck is usually recommended for patients that have loose and sagging skin in which you do not have. Best, Dr. Ostad.

Ariel Ostad, MD

Lipo or tummy tuck

I think that a good history reviewed and an exam is critical. Sometimes I do  both and stage them depending upon the patients desires. Best of luck.