Lower lip extends further than top. Lip lift, implant or something else? (photos)

My lower lip extends out further than my top lip. I'm fine with the "size" of my top lip, it's just that it's behind my bottom lip. I want to do something permanent vs fillers. I've attached photos of my mouth relaxed and closed. I've had a lafort 1 and 2. I don't know if this could be the cause, but I want it to look better, but natural. I don't want to have duck lips or go back to work with everyone knowing I had some work done. Thoughts?

Permalip Lip Implant

Thank you for your question.  I would advice Permalip Lip Implants they are revolutionary lip implants that are designed to look and feel natural, yet enhance your desired size. It does not deflate, degrade or rupture over time.  Although it’s permanent, it is designed for the ease of placement if a patient wishes to achieve a larger or smaller enhancement or even return to the lips original appearance. It does not limit lip movement and provides a natural look.Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.
Best Wishes 

Do lip implants result in an appearance of 'duck lips' ?

Thank you for your question. Lip Implants may be a reasonable option for those individuals who are seeking permanent lip enhancement or for those who have not been satisfied with the longevity of effect afforded by hyaluronic acid fillers. Your surgical history likely impacts upon your concern. Augmenting the upper lip in some way can increase the size of the upper lip which may minimize the appearance of greater lower lip projection. There is a common misconception that lip implant placement results in a 'duck' like appearance with over-projection of the implanted lip. I have not found that to be an issue when the implant is inserted in the correct location within the lip. View before and after photos of patients who underwent this procedure, with particular attention to the profile view. These are available on our website, linked below. Consider consultation with a board-certified facial surgeon to discuss your concerns and goals and which options may be best for you.

James M. Pearson, MD

Lower and upper lip alignment isn't good

Thank you for asking about your lip implants.
  • I believe the Le Fort surgery is relevant -
  • Your maxilla (upper jaw) is set back behind the mandible, or so it appears in the photo.
  • An upper lip implant or filler may help to balance your look.
  • Another option is a silicone implant at the base of the nose to project the upper lip.
  • If you recently had the Le Fort surgery, ask your surgeon's recommendations.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS