Is a lift necessary? (photos)

I feel like I'm on the cusp of requiring a lift and aug. If I go big enough, will a lift not be necessary? If so, how big should I go? My weight fluctuates between 145-150 following a 20 lb weight loss (causing some extra skin)

Breast Augmentation

Hi JC!  Please put an index card in your breast fold. If your nipple is at the edge of the card or below, then you would be a candidate for a lift, either a vertical or anchor or areolar incision. If your nipple is above the edge, you could be a candidate for an internal lift called the dual plane. The video below explains the dual plane internal lift.  I also attached an article from a peer-reviewed journal to give you an even better idea.  I believe the dual plane and implants alone will do it for you, and that you will not need a lift. Be sure to seek a consultation with a BC PS to be sure. All the best, “Dr. Joe”

Is a lift necessary?

From your photos it appears that a breast augmentation with a lift would be your best procedure. Usually trying to avoid the lift by just putting in a larger implant gives you a larger breast with still a reasonable amount of ptosis. The incisions usually do well and are well worth the eventual result.  Always consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Good Luck.

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Is a lift necessary?

GreetingsThank you for your question, congratulations on your weight loss you are a good candidate for breast lift and implants. consult a board certified plastic surgeon for examination.

Weight and surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.

Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Lift with Implants

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift with augmentation. The combination of the lift and implants will help you achieve the best result. You should undergo Vectra 3D Imaging to get an idea of your post procedural results. Make sure you work with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in this area. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

To Lift or Not?

Good Question! You do look like you would be a great candidate for a full breast lift with breast augmentation. Just putting in larger implants will not get your nipple position as high as a full lift would. The best placement for nipple is in the middle of the implant, no the bottom of your implant. Try to find a surgeon's office with Vectra 3D imaging machine and that will help you see what you look like with only implants, and also what you would look like with a full lift! Good luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Yes, it looks like you could benefit from a lift. If you want more volume then an implant might be a good choice.  Best of luck.

Breast lift with implants

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast lift with implants.  The lift will help you achieve a better overall shape.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast lift or not with augmentation

It is hard to give a definite answer without examining you, but it appears from your photos that your problem is that of less volume in your breasts than a droop in your breasts. You probably have a grade 1 ptosis (droop) of your breasts. There are a couple of things that you need to decide. Firstly, what size would you like your breasts to be? If you desire a fair increase in volume of your breasts (but within the confines of your breast base diameter), then augmentation on its own may be what you wish to have. However, you do need to understand that you may continue to have some degree of droop and the fact that you will have heavy implants may drag down on the skin envelope, making the breast droopy in future. Secondly, would you mind the additional scars that go with an uplift procedure. If you do not want too much of an increase in volume of your breasts and don't mind the additional scars, then you would be ideally suited for an uplift with a small implant. Hope that this helps!

A lift is needed

Thanks for the great questions and the photos. In my opinion, if you are hoping for more upper pole fullness and a natural looking and shaped breast, then you need a breast augmentation with a lift. Some surgeons will try and put in bigger implants instead of doing a lift. This only results in you having implants that don't fit your frame and you will likely still have breast tissue falling off the front of your implant. Having a lift and augmentation sometimes needs to be split up into two separate operations, but more commonly they are done at the same time. Make sure to see someone with a lot of experience in this area for the best results. Best of luck!~Dr. Sieber