Does my left breast appear to be bottoming out? (Photos)

Tomorrow will be one year since my operation and I went to take after photos and noticed my left breast is lower and looks a little different to me.. is it bottoming out?

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Concern

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear of your post-operative concern. It does appear that your left implant has bottomed out. Please discuss this with your plastic surgeon. Hope this helps and good luck.

Does my left breast appear to be bottoming out?

Thank you for the question.  Your concerns are understandable; I think that both of your breast implants sit somewhat low on your chest wall, left more so than right. 

Generally speaking, bottoming out refers to inferior migration of the implants (not necessarily greater with saline then silicone gel breast implants). This causes the nipple areola complex to appear too high on the breasts. Also, the distance from the areola to the inframammary fold is too great. This is corrected by “raising” the inframammary fold using internal sutures ( capsulorraphy). Sometimes, depending on the situation, patients benefit from the use of additional support materials such as acellular dermal matrix or biosynthetic mesh.  

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation revisionary surgery concerns) helps.  Best wishes.