Jaw implant after chin implant?

I have had a chin implant done years ago, and I still have a rather undefined low face. Is getting a jaw implant possible after a chin implant or would I have to have my chin implant removed and replaced as well? Thanks

not a problem to 'add' the jawline implants after the chin implant. Key is always infection so take care of the mouth afterwards. 

Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Jaw implant after chin implant?

Hi, non smiling photos of your face from the front and side wold help in the evaluation.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

• Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  This has already been accomplished If the current implant provides the proper degree of forward projection to the chin.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.

Hope this helps.

Jaw implants after chin

Without any pictures, its hard to discuss what sort of manipulations to your jawline need to be done in order to achieve what you are looking for.  That being said, jaw implants and chin implants can coexist! Traditionally we are discussing two implants which go in different locations in the jaw, and, therefore, there are no issues between them.  That being said, if the problem is along the prejowl area, then the chin implant may need to be addressed.  Like I said, it really all depends on what the problem is and where it is.  Best of luck! 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon