Interested in otoplasty but not many choices in boston.

24y male I am looking to get otoplasty in the future. I have bat like ears that stick out. I would like them to stick out less and maybe have the top part reduced. I can't seem to find any surgeons who specialize in otoplasty though. Out of the 4-5 surgeons that do perform otoplasty, only 2 of them have 1-2 examples of the before and after results. My choices are only limited within Massachusetts. Would be too risky to opt for a surgeon who doesn't specialize in ear surgery? Thank you

Otoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. There are many plastic surgeons in your area who perform otoplasty.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Otoplasty in Boston

There are actually quite a few board-certified surgeons who perform otoplasty in the Boston area. Otoplasty is not as common as other procedures, therefore you will be hard-pressed to find a surgeon in the U.S. who solely does otoplasty in their practice.

It is important to find a board-certified facial plastic or general plastic surgeon to perform this procedure. 

Good luck!

Dr. E

Waleed Ezzat, MD FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon