Will injections help lift my upper lip? (Photo)

I would like for my teeth to be more visible when my mouth is slightly open. Would lip injections help lift my lip or would a lip lift be necessary? Thanks.

Lip questions

Stop now, your lips are gorgeous! I have patients that would kill for your lips. You run the risk of altering the symmetry and shape of very beautiful lips if you mess with them. Please don't do anything.

Lip lift

You have nice full upper and lower lip with balanced aesthetics.  Injections would likely not provide you a "lift"  You can consider a central lip lift which can be done under local.  Be cautious of overdoing a naturally good thing.  Good luck

Samir R. Shah, MD, FACS
Oak Lawn Plastic Surgeon

Full lips and teeth not showing at rest

Your lips are beautifully full!  Women pay a lot of money for lips just like yours.  I would not add any filler to your lips.  If you insist on trying something anyway, just try a few units of Botox in the upper lip to roll it up a bit.  

Carmen Kavali, MD

You're right!

You have nice full lips but it is very important to see your upper teeth when your mouth is slightly open.

I do a "lip lifting" procedure several times each week that quickly and nicely addresses this issue.  It is done in the office under local anesthesia and quickly can improve this area.  See the video I've attached.

Jeffrey H. Spiegel, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will injections help lift my upper lip?

If done correctly, lip filler injections can be precisely performed to evert the lip and cause it to appear lifted. As this an advanced technique, please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist