I have had 2 treatments of laser on my legs

I am going in Tuesday for a 3rd session. There are areas down my leg that look like they were missed. Is it normal to still have hair after 2 treatments?

Normal

Yes it is normal to have spots with hair, it can take 10-12 treatments for full reduction. The hair is naturally in different stages of growth, and thats why you need to treat weeks apart. The spots will become less and less with more treatments.

Delray Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Effect on legs after 2 laser treatments?

One needs a series of sessions to get the results. Two sessions are not enough. Even after the series of 5-8 sessions, one will still need maintenance sessions once in a while. Legs, especially lower legs do very will with laser treatments. Make sure to see an experienced physician for your laser sessions.

Ram Chandra, MD
Edison Physician

Knowing What's Normal with Laser Hair Removal

Yes, it can take a series of treatments with laser hair removal to see improvement.  I typically have patients do every 4 weeks for the first 3 times and then every 4-6 weeks for 3 times after. See an expert in laser hair removal for best results. Best, Dr. Emer.

Hair growth after 2 laser treatments on legs?

Hello, thank you for your question.  Laser hair reduction is a series of treatments, usually 6-8 treatments done 8 weeks apart for this area. Only a small percentage of your total hair follicles are in the growth cycle at any one time. Only the follicles that are in the growth cycle are effected during a treatment. The follicles that are at rest will eventually get back into the growth cycle and become a target for the laser.  You will continue to have hair growth for all sessions, with a significant reduction with each treatment. Usually by the 5th or 6th treatment you can let the follicles grow so that the remaining follicles can be directly targeted without necessarily covering the whole area.

Good Luck!

Mark A. Blair, MD
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon