I have a painful large hard lump after a BBL. Will it need to be surgically removed?

BBL 7/29/16 about 4 days ago a hard painful lump developed. It was about the sz of a golf ball now my hand covers it. It's very painful. The area is warm and red. My surgeon has not responded to me. I'm going to the ER later but any feedback would be great.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I also recommend that you go to the Emergency Room to be evaluated since your surgeon has not responded. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Painful lump

It might be an infection or fat necrosis. You are right to go to the emergency room to be seen. Good luck.