I need help with open wound. Any suggestions? (photos)

I am 25 days post op and about 9-10 days ago my wound started to open slowly ! I got surgery 6/1 and on 6/10 my DR. had to remove some skin! A week later i noticed small hole in my incision ! i flew to the US and yesterday went to the ER they referred me to a specialist and gave me Occlusive gauze to apply on my incision ! Please help as this gets worse day by day and my surgeon is so hard ro reach

I need help with open wound. Any suggestions?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to see your healing difficulties.  Unfortunately this will likely get worse before it gets better and you need to find a plastic surgeon in your community that will be willing to take care of you during this healing phase.  You will likely need some tissue removed as it declares itself and this should be done by a specialist. Once the area of injury is known the wound will then require dressing changes as your body heals from the inside out.  As this will take months to finish you need a specialist helping you along the way.  I am attaching a link below that can help you search for board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  Hope this helps.

Treatment of Open Wound

Dear Chrisma14,

Did the ER refer you to a wound care specialist, or a board certified plastic surgeon? Dakin's is a diluted bleach solution that can be used to cleanse the wound and help promote closure, but I would have to do an in person exam to determine what the best treatment for you would be. I would contact the specialist that they referred you to right away to begin treating the area. Good luck!

Thank you for your question and photos, ı am very sorry for your complication you will need to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area as soon as possible as this could get worse then ıt looks.

Post operative dehiscence

Unfortunately, your situation illustrates the basic problem with medical tourism-your Doctor is thousands of miles away and unresponsive. He is no longer accountable for your care, which would not have been the case had you undergone surgery close to home in the United States. It is important for you to follow up; if you are unable to find a plastic surgeon willing to accept responsibility for your care, then this will need to be in an emergency room or clinic setting.