I have a double chin. (photos)

I'm 37 and my face is fat. I'm looking for a chiseled chin that I see alot of models and celebrities have. How can I get this non surgically?

Chin contouring

Thank you for your post. Kybella is a non-surgical option that involves several rounds of injections of a drug that eliminates the fat cells in this area. Laser-liposuction (Smartlipo) is probably where I would direct you instead though. This is a 1.5 hour in-office procedure done in the office with limited downtime. This only takes one treatment typically. The costs usually end up being less with the Smartlipo than with several rounds of Kybella. Adding some fat injection to the chin area to better define it might also help you. Best wishes.

Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Injection options

While the best option is probably an appropriate chin implant, liposuction and a platysmaplasty (tightening the muscles), and some weight loss; Kybella could be used to decrease the fat pad under your chin and off label use of Voluma, Radiesse. or Restylane Lyft in the chin.  

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chiseled chin

I do not believe you can achieve a chiseled chin non surgically.   Some feel that you can do so with fillers.  You would probably have the best result with a chin implant and neck liposuction.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

Kybella, Liposuction or CoolMini

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for liposuction of the submental area and neck. If you do not wish to undergo surgery, you might consider Kybella. This is a series of injections that destroys the fat under your chin. This treatment requires three different sessions and can induce some swelling. The CoolMini is another option and requires no downtime, but will require several treatments as well. This cooling treatment freezes fat and your lymphatic system removes the fat. You should have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Double chin

Hello,I have been performing ccj (chin, cheek and jowl) liposuction under local anesthesia for 17 years.Your anatomy looks good for this procedure.  No linear incisions are required and recovery is quick and easy. Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist

Double chin, chin liposuction

Liposuction for you will give you immediate and permanent results.  The cost is low and results consistent done in my hands

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

I have a double chin.

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery. Liposuction under the chin can be performed using the same incision.

Hope this helps.

Double chin without surgery

There are non surgical options for treatment of a double chin.  In our office we consult with a patient to see if they are a candidate for Kybella or Cool Sculpting for under the chin area.  Kybella is done by injection, typically in a two part session.  Cool Sculpting is also recommended for two treatments to see optimal results.  

Double chin, or submental fullness treatment

There are now many different treatments available to reduce sub mental fullness.  Liposuction when done by the tumescent method is a single surgical treatment that takes about 30 minutes, and permanently  removes the fat as an outpatient for about $1500-2000.  Kybella is a simple injectable agent the also destroys the fat cells in a brief office visit and ranges in cost around $1000, but may require two or three treatments.  A new treatment is called Thermi RF which is somewhat like liposuction but it melts the fat and tightens the skin but is slightly more. expensive.  It is also an outpatient one time treatment.  A physician who performs all three can help you decide which is best for you.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon