I have developed fat necrosis following DIEPs Flap surgery then radiation, how can I address this?

I had a double mastectomy and DIEPs Flap surgery in Nov. 2015. The cancer was worse than originally thought so I then had chemo and six weeks of radiation. I have developed fat necrosis in the breast that was radiated in the chest area (above the breast). Will this go away or at least soften? Is there anything I can do about it, other than surgery?

Breast reconstruction revision with fat grafting

I really recommend being patient and let time pass so that the radiated skin has time to remove.  At that point (2-12months) I then use fat grafting to help improve the area of necrosis.  First the area that is firm can be soft with a liposuction cannula.  Fat graft can then be used to add new cells to the area.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}