Must I Hide Myself at my 20th Reunion, Lipo Healing? (photo)

Thank you all, I have a big function 4 months after my lipo procedure (circumferential torso inner and outer thighs.) Would typical/average healing allow me to look "normal" I will certainly ask my PS unfortunately, he is unavailable for the moment, I would appreciate all of your educated opinions as well! Again, I appreciate in advance your valuable time!

Must I Hide Myself at my 20th Reunion, Lipo Healing?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Liposuction

By four months the results of liposuction typically are excellent.  There will be no hiding necessary.

Liposuction Healing

I tell all patients healing is about a year by definition of wound healing literature.   By 4 weeks you look pretty good and by 4 months you look quite good and are 75% there.  By 6 months you are 85 to 90 % there as far as feeling and swelling is concerned.  the final 10% takes another 6 months so ideally final results come at one year.  Hope this helps.  My Best,  Dr C

Liposuction Healing

For the most part, recovery from liposuction is easily manageable. Since clothing can conceal areas that have been sculpted, most patients are back to their normal routine after just a couple of days. Lipo is great for instant-gratification seekers, but don't fret if you still see imperfections in your shape several weeks later. It can take 4 months, even a year, to get an accurate picture of how the body will look once the swelling subsides and everything settles into place. Lipo patients who started out especially overweight will have to bide their time before realizing their dream results, because it takes several weeks for skin to redrape over the new area and for tissue to heal completely.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

4 months of healing "should" be enough time to attain a wonderful result. But best to demand to discuss with your chosen surgeon!