Hair transplant results seem worse after one year than after six months? (photos)

i had a hair transplant mid august 2015 for reasons unrelated to hair loss - i had 500 grafts at my hairline. after six months, the hair was growing in reasonably well, although still a little sparse for my liking. in May 2016, I shaved my head completely, and now the hair is slowly growing back. however, the hair seems to be sparser than at six months. Am i just being paranoid or should I wait for the hair to grow longer? the photo with the longer hair is the one at six months.

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. You may also have normal native hair loss while the new hairs are grow

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  You may also have normal native hair loss while the new hairs are growing.  

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

500 grafts worse after 1 year

You may have induced shock hair loss from a single hair transplant procedure which is common in young men (see below)

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon