Would I get good results with a nose job? (photos)

I understand that it is hard to tell with pictures but I would like to know if I am a good candidate for a nose job. I would like the tip to be skinnier and smaller. Would it be worth it? How long would I have to take off work to let the bruising heal?

Pointy long nasal tip

Given the long pointed tip which is also bulbous a well done rhinoplasty will be very rewarding.RegardsDr. J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Refining the nose by rhinoplasty.

Your photos show nasal contours which should be able to be refined with rhinoplasty.  Nasal shape is due to 2 factors: 1) the shape of the bone and cartilage, which is the structure of your nose, and 2) the thickness of the skin cover.  By reshaping the contour of the bone and cartilage the nasal shape will change and can be made narrower, more or less projecting, smaller, etc.  How much definition can be achieve is dependent on the thickness of the nasal skin.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help you understand your specific anatomy and what could be achieved.  Recovery is approximately 1 week.

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tip Rhinoplasty

You are an excellent candidate for tip-rhinoplasty. The tip can be made smaller and more defined. The recovery is ultra-rapid. You should seek an experienced surgeon with a focus on rhinoplasty to help you.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

Tip refinement

By the pictures alone, it appears that you would be an excellent candidate for tip rhinoplasty. Other factors, like the thickness of your skin, would have to be taken into consideration after a thorough clinical exam. Time taken off is usually dependent on your line of work. I typically ask all my rhinoplasty patients not to perform rigorous activities or heavy lifting for 4 weeks.
Good luck!
Dr. E

Waleed Ezzat, MD FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

The close up of the tip is very distorted by the optics of the camera' lens. The best answers are found in a consultation with an expert in the field.There is little accuracy that can be gleaned from our answers.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

You would need to be seen in person to evaluate your nose and review your goals. Best of luck.......

Tip rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Postoperative recovery after septorhinoplasty / nose surgery

A nasal tip rhinoplasty usually involves shaping and contouring of the underlying nasal tip cartilages.. it is a common reason for patients deciding to have a rhinoplasty.  Most of the swelling decrease in the first 6 weeks and then over a course of a year.. you are correct, pictures are great however usually more is seen on examination.. Best of luck