With flank liposuction should the doctor also remove the back fat around the spare tire or is that a different "area?"

I had abdominal and flank liposuction this last May. I am a male. I noticed I still have fat around my lower back area. My surgeon did not put me on stomach for the procedure, I only laid on my back. For flank liposuction should the doctor also remove the back fat around the spare tire or is that a different "area." Thank you!!

Flank liposuction - what should it include?

Thank you for asking about your flank liposuction.

• I am sorry your surgeon didn't discuss this with you before surgery.
  • If liposuction has to be done in two positions (on your back and on your stomach), it usually is more expensive because it takes longer.
  • I think the problem was poor communication before your liposuction -
  • So return to your surgeon, show her/him the problem and ask what is needed to get the result you want.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction

Each surgeon may do things a bit differently and delineate the areas treated differently. Best to review with your surgeon.