How many filler would I need to get fill lips?

i have really thin lips and i hava a appt on the 23 to get fillers but i want to know how many i would need to achieve a good full set of lips? most places wont put two needels at a time why is that?

Fuller lips with fillers

Hello, if you are just having the lips treated, a good starting point would be one syringe of product (which is usually around 1mL).  You can always have more injected later, but if too much is injected at first, it can take a long time for it to be resorbed (depending on the product used).

Lip Augmentation is an art

Lip Augmentation is an art and can produce beautiful fuller lips at a young age and restore lost volume and hide wrinkles as we get older.  The most important consideration is to match the shape of the face and lips with the proper type of product and using the correct amount.  "Less is more" is my mantra and you can always return for more filler after two weeks if you want a touch-up.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with facial volume for the best cosmetic results.

Filler for thin lips

Most doctors start with one syringe of filler, wait 2 weeks and then add more if necessary.  If your lips are very thin, you must have realistic expectations.  Your lips will be enhanced but perhaps cannot be as full as you would like.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Lip Fillers with Cannulas

I suggest filler injections with cannulas it will limit complications.  If you need more than one tube of filler, then it can be injected at your visit.  Please see a facial rejuvenation specialist.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Thank you for your question.  An in-person exam, and an idea as to your expectations, is required to give you a good sense of the amount of filler used.  If you are looking for an overall conservative improvement in the size of your upper and lower lips, one syringe should be a good starting point.  It is always easier to add more filler, than it is to remove it.  

How much filler in lips?

As the great architect once said, "less is more."  Lip enhancement can be beautiful when it is carried out by a doctor who has a well-developed visual aesthetic and a sense of restraint.  It is much better, in my opinion, to start with a modest quantity of filler, no more than one cc, with judicious amounts of filler to emphasize the natural high points of the lip.  Never let a doctor inject straight across the lip, as this will produce the all-too-common overdone lips that look like cocktail sausages.  Please go to someone with top-level credentials and experience.  This is not a place to bargain shop.

John Q. Cook, MD

Filler to lips

While every patient is different I would recommend starting out with one syringe.  It is rare that I will use more than one syringe of filler in the lips even in very volume depleted patients.  You can always add more filler over time once the swelling from the injections has gone down and you can accurately judge the result.  

Cody A. Koch, MD, PhD
Des Moines Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler in lips

Without seeing you in person, it is hard to say but in general I start off with one syringe and on occasion place two.

How much filler would I need to get full lips?

It generally depends on the patient but usually less than a full tube of Juvederm volbella will suffice for most lips. Many injectors, myself included, will not put more than one tube in because it is simply too much filler and the patient will end up looking silly with a 'duckface' or 'trout pout' appearance. There is also a potential for permanent damage in overfilling the lips and stretching them out so that when the filler wears off the lips are even more deflated looking than before. Hope that helps! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

How many syringes for lip fullness

Thank you for asking about your lip filler.

• It is best to start with one syringe if you have never had lip filler before.
  • Then wait 1-2 weeks before having more - 
  • If you overfill thin lips it will not look pretty and you end of having it dissolved.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.