How much extra fat is enough for BBL? (photos)

5'5 177 lb at last weighing, and currently trying to lose weight especially in my belly, where I assume they'd take the most fat for BBL. I would be happy with a 20lb weight loss and plan to have this procedure within 1 year. So at 5'5 would 157 pounds leave me with enough extra fat for good bbl results?

From your description and photos it appears that you would be a very good candidate for the BBL. This would also involve liposuction of different areas including the abdomen and waist. Since you are planning to have the surgery in 1 year it would be a good idea to lo 15-20 pounds . You should consult with a Board Certified PS with extensive experience performing the BBL. Good luck!

BBL

Hard to say without an exam.  Best to be evalauted in person to determine if you have enough fat. Best of luck.

You look like a great candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift. For amazing results a BMI of 30 or less would give a optimal results. A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely. Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.Thank you for your question .

Rami Ghurani, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring.  From your photos, you appear to be a very good candidate for BBL.  You should get a great result from liposuction, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon