How to enhance the profile of my face? (Photo)

How can I enhance the profile of my face? I like how I look from the frontal view, but from a side angle I don't find myself attractive. I'm not sure if I'd need a chin implant or cheek bone implants or buccal fat removal or what! My profile view just seems to be off balance. What can I do? Also do many practice have financing availible? Thanks!

How to enhance the profile of your face?

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentationho

Profile Enhancement with Chin Implant

From the available photos, I believe that you would have a substantial improvement with a chin implant. While you may also have some improvement with buccal fat removal and/or cheek implants, I think there is more to be gained with the chin. I also think it is a good idea to go slowly and consider not doing too many things at one time. This requires a more in depth conversation and I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. 

*Opinions stated here are just opinions. They are not based on a clinical exam which is recommended. 

Darrick E. Antell, MD

Enhancing My Profile

I suggest you consider both cheek and chin augmentation. You have multiple choices re how to achieve this. The cheeks contour an projection can be improved with long acting fillers such as Volume or Restylane Lyft, injections of your own fat, or permanent improvement with the placement of an implant. Your chin is best augmented with a silicone implant. These procedures will dramatically improve your facial contours and proportions.

How to enhance profile?

In my opinion, augmentation of your chin would help to balance your profile.  Chin augmentation can be accomplished in several ways, but assuming that your teeth are in good alignment, I would recommend using a chin implant.  There are many sizes and styles of chin implants available and your surgeon would be able to determine which one would be best for you.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Suggestions for facial enhancement

Thanks for your question! After analyzing your photos, I think you would achieve the best result with chin augmentation. I prefer to us an anatomic style soft silastic implant placed through a small submental incision. Computer imaging from a lateral view will help you to make your decision during a consultation. Your frontal appearance won't be significantly changed, but your profile will be more ideally balanced.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to enhance the profile of my face?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Good candidate for chin implant

Thanks for the great question and the photos. In my opinion you are a very good candidate for a chin implant. If you want to see what it might look like before committing to surgery, many surgeons are able to place some filler into the chin area to give you a better idea of what you might look like with an implant. Almost all practices have some sort of financing option available. I would not have buccal fat removed as this can leave to permanent hollowing of your cheeks. I hope this helps and best of luck to you!

~Dr. Sieber