Does downtime vary after getting progressive fraxel treatments?

I've had 4 fraxel treatments. The first three had about 2-3 days of red and swollen skin. After the 4th one, I look fine-- very minimal pinkness. Does this mean that the 4th treatment wasn't done correctly or is this normal?

Downtime should be consistent if settings are

That's the bottom line... if everything is the same, especially for your last treatment, downtime should be the same. If you had the 1927-1550, longer downtime with the first few as more pigment, if you had the CO2 Fraxel RE:pair, downtime should be consistent. 

Below is video as to how to speed up recovery following 1927 Fraxel (NOT co2 Fraxel)

Regards

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Fraxel Results

It sounds like lower settings may have been used. The results should be relatively the same after each time.

#fraxel   #results    #downtime

Results after Fraxel.

I agree with all other responses, I would ask your healthcare professional who treated you if the same aggressive settings were used.

#fraxel   #results   #settings

Ask your doctor

It is possible that a lower level was used on you, but the best person to ask would be the doctor who is treating you. 

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Fraxel and Downtime

Fraxel is amazing and I call it "the magic eraser." It is possible that you had a lower setting on this last treatment and hence had less swelling etc.  I would check with your treating physician.  Best, Dr. Green

Fraxel, post treatment results varying...

I would double check with your provider and see if the settings were the same or less on your last treatment.  Perhaps there was a certain goal in getting your skin to where it is now and there is no need to be more aggressive.  

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens               Marina Plastic Surgery Associates              Marina del Rey, CA            The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD