My doctor wants to do a revision, do I go with him for the revision or go to a different doctor? (Photos)

I replaced my 15 year old saline implants four months ago with silicone implants and also had a breast lift. I'm really unhappy so far, left one looks terrible, they are more uneven than before and both are wrinkly when I lean over. doctor wants to do a revision at 6 months post op. At this point do I continue with the same doctor or find a new one? I can't bear to look at myself naked :(

Revision

If you are unhappy with the results, you are probably best to have him revise it for you.  Best of luck.

My doctor wants to do a revision, do I go with him for the revision or go to a different doctor?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after the revisionary operation. Generally speaking, assuming you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with this type revisionary breast surgery, you are best  off (for many reasons) allowing him/her to improve your situation.  It will be important, again for many reasons including  improving your confidence level, that you view lots of before/after photographs of patients in similar situations. Make sure, prior to proceeding, that you are both on the same page when it comes to what your concerns/goals are and that you have realistic expectations of what can be achieved with additional surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link dedicated to revisionary breast surgery concerns, helps. Best wishes.

Who should I see for my revision surgery?

Many thanks for posting your question.

I am sorry to hear how unhappy you are with the outcome of your surgery. However, my suggestion would be to stay with your plastic surgeon to allow them to revise your result. They will have the best handle on what they have done and how the revision is performed.

Good luck

Marc Pacifico, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon